Calyn Thompson Biography
Calyn Thompson is an American journalist working as a multimedia journalist for WHO 13 News. She moved on from Wartburg College in 2017 where she was a piece of the grounds news program “Cedar Valley Today.”
During her summers in school, she interned at KCRG-TV9 News in Cedar Rapids and Senator Chuck Grassley’s Office in Des Moines.
To say hey, contact Calyn by messaging her at Calyn.Thompson@whotv.com. You can “like” her on Facebook: Calyn Thompson or follow her on Twitter: @CalynTReports
Calyn Thompson WHO 13 News
Thompson joined the WHO 13 Newsgroup as a journalist/MMJ in November of 2020. Brought up in Norwalk, Calyn is no more odd to the area!
Preceding returning to Des Moines, Calyn worked at KIMT News 3 in Rochester, Minnesota where she secured the end of the week broadcasts and reported during the week.
She’s been perceived by the Iowa Broadcast News Association and Minnesota Society of Professional Journalists for her revealing work.
Such a long way in her profession, Calyn has had the valuable chance to cover official visits, administrative meetings, noteworthy clinical exploration, various extreme tempests, and surprisingly overcame the 2019 Polar Vortex in Minnesota (Brr!).
WHO 13 News Team
- Ed Wilson
- Jannay Towne
- Justin Surrency
- Taj Simmons
- John Sears
- Megan Salois
- Jeriann Ritter
- Roger Riley
- Megan Reuther
- Dave Price
- Natalie Paynter
- Cinthia Naranjo
- Keith Murphy
- Brett McIntyre
- Jodi Long
- Erin Kiernan
- Stephanie Johnson
- Mark Freund
- Zach Fisher
- Andy Fales
- Amber Alexander
- Dan Winters
Calyn Thompson Age
She was born in Des Moines at Mercy Hospital where my mom is a Labor & Delivery nurse, raised in Norwalk (Go Warriors!). Information about her age will be updated as soon as possible.
Calyn Thompson Husband
Information about her husband will be updated as soon as possible.
Calyn Thompson Height
She is 5 feet 5 inches tall.
Calyn Thompson Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of between $100, 000 and $1 million.
Calyn Thompson Instagram
Calyn Thompson Twitter
CLICK HERE to visit her Twitter page.
Calyn Thompson Facts
- I was born in Des Moines at Mercy Hospital where my mom is a Labor & Delivery nurse, raised in Norwalk (Go Warriors!), and attended Wartburg College (Go Knights!).
- I’m a military brat but never had to move around. My dad works at the Iowa Air National Guard, 132nd Wing.
- I’m the youngest in my family and have an older brother. My parents made our names into a pattern (Tommy, Connie, Tyler, Calyn – luckily my brother married someone whose name starts with a C, Cara).
- I discovered my passion for journalism after a hero’s homecoming for my cousin, Zach, who was injured in Afghanistan.
- I love all types of music and arts! You can often see me attending concerts at Wells Fargo Arena and musicals at the Civic Center.
- My humor is based on movie quotes. (Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber, and School of Rock are a few of my favorites!)
- I have a phobia of frogs… I blame the neighbor boys for teasing me with them growing up.
- I’m a true believer in retail therapy. I enjoy going into stores more so than online shopping. You can’t beat a trip to TJ Maxx!
- I’m not a coffee person, but still love caffeine. Diet Mt. Dew is my jam!
- I’ve never broken a bone, but I did tear my ACL and meniscus playing slow-pitch softball which I would NOT recommend! Knee surgery is no joke.
- My happy place is on the water! My family has a boat and we enjoy our summers at Lake Red Rock.
- I’ve only ever lived in the Midwest (Iowa & Minnesota). I enjoy the change in seasons – fall is my favorite!
- I’ve always been a big TV watcher. A few of my favorite shows include This Is Us, Grey’s Anatomy, and Family Feud.